· Competitive salary
· Medical Insurance
· 2 weeks’ vacation
· Simple IRA retirement savings plan
· Continuing Education allowance
· Professional Liability Coverage
· AVMA, NJVMA Dues
DVM or equivalent
ATTENTION OUTSTANDING DVM’s! If you are looking to join a friendly, team-oriented, busy hospital to advance your career forward we would like to meet you! We are looking for a FT Associate Veterinarian to complete our thriving veterinary hospital under private ownership. Our ideal candidate practices high-quality medicine with compassion for animals, people and a dedication to outstanding customer service. Additionally, we are looking for a vigilant, organized, and passionate individual.
Sova Animal Hospital is located in Butler, NJ and has proudly served the community for 45 years. We always strive to offer the highest quality veterinary care possible along with exceptional customer service in a friendly, team-oriented and supportive work environment.
We work hard, go above and beyond for our beloved patients/clients, but we also have fun and foster a positive environment and culture.
Sova Animal Hospital is well equipped with EKG, pulse oximeter, doppler, blood pressure monitoring, new digital radiology, digital dental radiographs, IDEXX in-house CBC/Chem/snap reader, IV pumps, in-house ultrasound, cryosurgery, and Tonovet. Our primary clinical specialties include preventive care, internal medicine, advanced dentistry and surgery along with the best possible customer service.
· Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
· Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
· Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
· Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
· Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
· Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
· Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
Sova Animal Hospital in Butler, NJ, is a full-service small animal practice owned by Dr. John J. Ammeraal, established by Dr. Robert J. Sova in 1975. Our veterinarians provide comprehensive medical, surgical, and dental services for dogs and cats in Morris, Passaic, and Bergen counties. We have been happily serving the communities of Butler, Bloomingdale, Kinnelon, West Milford, Wayne, and the surrounding areas for over 45 years.
In our fully equipped hospital, our veterinarians use the latest equipment and technology to provide the highest standard of care for your pets. Our facility has a pharmacy, a surgery suite, a dental suite, modern x-ray equipment, ultrasound services, in-house laboratory, a closely supervised hospitalization area, and an isolation ward.
At Sova Animal Hospital, our goal is to offer sound advice, customized veterinary care, and exceptional client service. Our veterinarians and veterinary staff are dedicated to providing the highest quality health care at every stage of a pet’s life and to helping keep our beloved patients happy and healthy.