We offer an above average salary for our area for experienced emergency clinicians.
DVM or equivalent
2 openings available.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
The Veterinary Medical Center at LWR is a privately owned hospital in Lakewood Ranch, FL. We are looking to add an emergency veterinarian to our team. We have a 12,000 sq foot expansion scheduled to start in July and are excited to build our emergency and specialty team! In November 2021, we opened The VMC Animal Blood Bank which is a fully functioning blood bank run by our Critical Care team. We have everything you'll need to practice high quality emergency medicine including ICU oxygen units, doppler, full anesthesia units, endoscopy, high flow oxygen, ultrasound, and lots lots more.
A minimum of 1 year experience in emergency medicine is required to work alone. Mentorship is available to new graduates who are interested in entering the field of emergency medicine. New graduates are encouraged to apply. Surgical skills are not required,but you can earn additional compensation if you love surgery! A boarded surgeon is available during the evening and on weekends for surgery. A Criticalist is on staff to help with more complex cases as well as endoscopy/GI FB removal.
We understand scheduling and salary are an important part of accepting a position and are happy to share this information in advance of a formal interview. Email us for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Our emergency clinicians work a rotating schedule consisting of 10-12 shifts per month. This can be a combination of overnights and weekend day shifts allowing for every other weekend off, or a set schedule of overnights only. We are very flexible with scheduling. A part-time schedule is also available.
* We offer an above average salary for our full-time clinicians!
* 100% health insurance coverage.
* 1 month paid vacation/CE/sick days.
* Continuing education allowance.
* DEA license, AVMA and VECCS dues paid.
* Retirement plan with 3% matching.
* Moving allowances.
* Sign on bonus with 1 year contract. Our contracts do not contain a non-compete clause.
* Working with a great group of forward thinking people who love to keep up with all the new technology!
We are privately owned and sincerely care about our doctors and staff. We are known for our approach to customer/patient care and have been a part of the Bradenton/Sarasota community for 20 years. Our hospital is owned by a veterinarian who has practiced emergency medicine for 17+ years. If you have any questions at all about this position, please feel free to call/text Dr. Wendy Ellis at 941-266-0335 (cell) or email @ email@example.com
The Veterinary Medical Center at Lakewood Ranch is a new stand-alone veterinary hospital that opened in November of 2019. Our hospital is privately owned and located in a new fast growing community about an hour south of Tampa and 20-30 minutes from the famous white sandy beaches of Sarasota and Anna Maria Island. Lakewood Ranch was recently named one of the top growing planned communities in the United States and our region was voted one of the best places to live in America! If you love golfing, wildlife, the beaches, arts, nightlife and shopping, you will love living here!
Lakewood Ranch is an award-winning master-planned community in Sarasota and Manatee counties on the West Coast of Florida. Lakewood Ranch is just minutes from the Gulf Coast beaches and cultural assets in Sarasota. It is also home to A-rated schools, the Sarasota Polo Club, the 75-acre Premier Sports Campus, and has its own Main Street with theaters, shopping and dining, and mo