Community Veterinary Partners (CVP) is a family of over 75+ animal hospitals with a growing presence in the Eastern United States. CVP empowers veterinary professionals by providing unwavering support services that allows them to get back to what they love doing the most – caring for pets. Offering a fast-paced, exciting, and true entrepreneurial work environment, CVP is a tight-knit community of veterinary professionals delivering unparalleled patient and client care in atmospheres of uncompromising compassion. Come explore the many exciting opportunities within our highly collaborative network of veterinary hospitals!
Student Ambassador Job Summary The CVP Student Ambassador is a first- or second-year veterinary student in good-standing with their DVM program whose primary function is to facilitate relationships among veterinary students at their school and CVP, as well as with the administration and faculty of the DVM programs at their school.
Essential Job Functions-
• Assist CVP in the development of our student outreach programs via electronic communication, conference calls and facilitated round table discussions.
• Serve in an advisory capacity to help CVP identify initiatives that will benefit veterinary students and the surrounding animal community.
• Assist in identifying and executing campus activities that will benefit the professional development of veterinary students and foster positive relationships with the CVP family of practices.
• Positively promote CVP clinical externship sites, student colleague summer job opportunities and benefits associated with joining the CVP family of practices
• Participate in on-campus and virtual CVP events
Job Specifications and Compensation - Time commitment: An average of one to two hours per week with flexible scheduling, with the student’s professional training being our priority. At no time will job responsibilities take priority over veterinary curriculum obligations.
• $2,000 annual stipend for the student
• Option for student colleague summer job placement at a mutually agreed upon CVP practice, including additional compensation and housing honorarium for the student
• Invitation to the VetTogether: expense paid student networking, educational, social event
• Professional mentoring and career coaching for the student provided by CVP’s team of veterinarians and Director of University Relations
To apply, students must submit cover letters that includes career interests, current resume and list of references to Dr. Laura Strong, Director of University Relations (email@example.com)
About Community Veterinary Partners
Community Veterinary Partners (CVP) mission is to bring joy to families by providing the best care possible to the pets they love. A growing community of 75+ animal hospitals in the Eastern US, CVP empowers our veterinary professionals by providing unwavering support services that allows them to get back to what they love doing the most – caring for pets.