We are looking for a Veterinary Tech to assist the veterinarian in coordinating a program of general care for a rodent research production colony.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
• Maintenance of a health surveillance and preventative medicine program.
• Provide clinical support for rodents: anesthesia, analgesia and euthanasia to ensure humane animal treatment.
• Coordinate import/export of rodents from/to collaborative sources.
• Assist with training programs for animal husbandry staff, veterinary technicians and research staff utilizing animals
This job may be for you if:
• You enjoy working within a team and can collaborate with colleagues.
• You are willing to help to train and advise less experienced Veterinary Technicians.
• You are able to provide work direction to lower-level staff and can assist in Animal Care Staff with their duties when vital.
• You are detail-oriented and can produce work that typically does not need to be reviewed upon completion.
To be considered for this role, you must have a minimum of 2 years of relevant technical experience with mice and rats in a laboratory setting. LVT and AALAS certification at the LAT level is desirable, as well as phlebotomy experience in rodents. We would also prefer a candidate with knowledge of applicable regulations regarding the accurate standards of animal care and use in a research environment is desired. This position will require the individual to pass a physical before beginning employment.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
Internal Number: 20810BR
About Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.