We are looking for an animal care manager. The manager is responsible for overall management of animal care, transport, and handling. The pay range is contingent upon experience; salary and paid time off is competitive.
• Provide assistance to the Executive Director on all animal care issues.
• Manage day-to-day operations of the shelter.
• Intake and vaccinate all animals.
• Make daily rounds, evaluating each animal for medical, physical, and social issues, and providing medical care as needed. Consult with veterinarian.
• Assign and administer all medications and vaccinations in a timely manner.
• Maintain records on all shelter animals, using ShelterLuv.
• Supervise receptionist/staff supervisor.
• Review adoption applications, contact references, and handle adoptions.
• Supervise, direct, and handle maintenance of shelter property and equipment.
• Supervise staff and inventory manager.
• Coordinate with Animal Control Officer (city employee).
• Manage all transports.
• Supervise and manage foster home program.
• Any other duties assigned.
Additional Salary Information: contingent upon experience
About Clarksdale Animal Rescue Effort & Shelter
CARES is a non-profit animal shelter based in Clarksdale, Mississippi, that offers its employees a rewarding opportunity to make a difference in the lives of homeless animals. Clarksdale Animal Rescue Effort & Shelter [CARES] is a forward thinking, no-kill animal shelter in a newly refurbished facility which is known for the great care we take with our animals and our partnerships with ASPCA, MSU, and the community.