Woburn Animal Hospital is seeking an experienced veterinary technician to join our team. Our hospital is a busy four doctor, full service animal hospital, located a mile up the road from Four Corners in Woburn. We treat cats, dogs, some exotics and local wildlife.
The schedule of the veterinary technician is a mix of mornings and evenings. It is required to be on call one Sunday every 4 weeks and one holiday every year, to administer the treatments of hospitalized patients while the practice is closed to the public.
- Experience as a veterinary technician (at least 1 year)
- Familiar with routine vaccination and treatment protocols.
- Proficient technician skills, animal restraint, administering IV, IM and SQ injections and etc.
- Proficient phlebotomy skills, including the ability to draw blood from various sites and IV catheter placement.
- Surgical monitoring experience.
- Able to set up and interpret an ear cytology and urinalysis is a plus.
- Familiar with Idexx laboratory equipment and Cornerstone veterinary software is a plus.
- Available to work Saturdays.
Candidates need to be able to multitask, exhibit professional behavior, work well in a close-knit team environment, and thrive on treating patients, coworkers and clients with respect and compassion.
Full-time and Part-time positions available
Benefits: Medical insurance, dental insurance, paid vacation time, paid holidays, 401k retirement contribution plan, uniform reimbursement, pet discounts.