The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), a national not-for-profit organization representing over 89,000 veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services, is seeking a Product Marketing Manager to serve as an internal consultant to our Strategic Business Units (SBU’s).
Reporting to the Division Director of Marketing in our Marketing and Communications Division located in our headquarters office in Schaumburg, IL, they will work collaboratively with their assigned business units to help drive product and service strategy and development in alignment with AVMA’s strategic plan and objectives. They will participate in all relevant aspects of their assigned business unit and the decisions which contribute to their success. The Product Marketing Manager will work collaboratively with staff and volunteer leadership to develop and implement strategic and tactical marketing plans for their assigned areas of responsibility, including message development.
• Serves as an internal consultant to their assigned groups on the development of products and services designed to execute their business strategy/vision.
• Collaborates with staff and volunteer leadership to develop and oversee strategic and tactical marketing plans and related budgets for products and services.
• Oversees development, production, implementation, and result tracking and metrics reporting for marketing campaigns, including direct mail, print and web advertising, email, social media, event marketing, content marketing and public relations.
• Develops effective marketing materials, across all platforms, in coordination with the creative services and digital integration teams.
• Ensures consistency and accuracy of messaging for products and services across all communication channels and within the portfolio of their assigned areas of responsibility.
• Works collaboratively with staff to develop business plans for the development of new products and services.
• Works collaboratively with staff and volunteer leadership to develop go-to-market strategy for any new product or service, including definition of product requirements and pricing strategies unrelated to accreditation activities.
• Synthesizes analytics and other market intelligence to recommend shifts in market approach; serves as in-house expert on the market approach for the product/service.
• Collaborates with market research on research related to offerings and provides competitive situational analysis and communicates findings.
• Up to 20% travel
Required Qualifications Include:
• Minimum of 4 years of professional marketing experience, not-for-profit experience a plus
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in product/service development and marketing
• Skilled and experienced at effectively managing projects in a creative, cross-functional team environment
• Collaborative driver of results, with ability to turn strategy into action
• Preference for working in a collaborative, cross-functional capacity
• Must have multi-channel marketing expertise
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Creative, with demonstrated ability to bring creative ideas to fruition through writing and project development
• Ability to think strategically and to develop realistic plans that achieve objectives
• Strong writing and presentation skills
• Excellent relationship building to influence and build consensus across all levels of the organization
• Motivated self- starter, able to work well both independently and as a team member
• Experienced in the development and execution of direct marketing, advertising or branding campaigns
• Strong orientation toward service to others
• Able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or a related field is required.
Application deadline is 5/12/17. Forward cover letter & resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com .
For more information, visit https://www.avma.org/AVMAcareers
Located in Schaumburg, Illinois, with a Governmental Relations Division in Washington, D.C., the AVMA is structured to work for its members, and acts as a collective voice for its membership and for the profession and provides a number of benefits to its members, including information resources, state and federal advocacy, opportunities to address issues and affect policy that govern the professio...n and practice of veterinary medicine, continuing education opportunities, quality publications, and discounts on personal and professional products, programs and services. The work of the AVMA is carried out by a staff of over 150. The organization is governed by an 18-member Board of Directors and has a $30M annual operating budget. For more information, visit www.avma.org. Throughout the organization, we take pride in knowing that we make a difference.The AVMA provides excellent employee benefits! Our insurance, retirement, and paid time off plans are very generous. We enjoy a supportive, friendly and comfortable working environment. Work/life balance is evident at every level. We work hard, grow and have fun!