Murrayville Animal Clinic is looking for a new grad or experienced Associate Veterinarian to join our 5-person small exclusive practice right outside of Gainesville, GA. Our practice has Siemens ultrasound, Idexx radiography and Idexx in-house lab. There are also many specialist in the area, whom we consult with frequently. We also host them for in-house continuing education. We value our relationships with our patients, our clients and our colleagues. We believe you can be busy, provide excellent care and still enjoy your job.
Gainesville-Hall County has a combined population of 190,000 but retains a small town charm. We are 50 miles from Atlanta, 30 miles from the Appalachian Trail and on the shores of Lake Lanier. The area boasts both cultural opportunities and abundant recreational possibilities. It is a great location for families and singles.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits and generous vacation and personal time. Please visit our website murrayvillevet.com.
• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
• Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Georgia
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
• The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
• Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics